Now Hiring – Registered Nurse full time position! Apply here or drop off resume and cover letter attn: Stephanie at 1288 N 14th Ave, Suite 201.
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality reproductive and related health assessment, triage and education of teens, women and men per Title X and local medical protocols as approved by Bridgercare’s Medical Director. Registered Nurses are under the clinical supervision of the Medical Director and general supervision of the Executive Director.
- Provide patient focused assessments that include appropriate health history, systems review, psychosocial assessment, physical assessments and tests under approved Standing Orders, local protocols and Title X guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with team members including mid-level Providers, Clinical Assistants, and other support staff to implement the patient’s plan of care within Bridgercare’s scope of practice.
- Identify and triage patient needs in the clinic and by phone. Problem solve issues the RN can directly manage and provide appropriate patient referrals to community, health and social service providers and agencies and coordinate care with same.
- Provide intake, pre or post exam or procedure instructions and counseling, phlebotomy, and assist in procedures (insertion or removal of contraceptive implants or IUDs, colposcopy, ultrasound, LEEP).
- Dispense pre-packaged contraceptives and administer injections and specified treatments per Bridgercare Standing Orders, Title X Guidelines and U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraceptive use, as regulated by the Montana Nurse Practice Act and Board of Pharmacy.
- Perform pregnancy testing and comprehensive, unbiased options counseling.
- Provide contraception and reproductive life plan counseling to all clients following Title X Guidelines.
- Provide nutrition counseling and referrals as indicated to clients with abnormal BMI or other nutrition related problems.
- Provide HIV education, counseling and testing.
- Conduct patient visits for provision of initial birth control starts, side effect management, emergency contraception and specified communicable disease screening and related education and counseling per Title X Medical Protocols and Standing Orders.
- Coordinate and provide communicable infection partner notification, treatment per standing orders and education for clients and their partners.
- Clearly document findings, plan of care, and follow-up in Bridgercare’s electronic health record system complying with Title X requirements and completed no later than the fifth day after the visit. Continually observe privacy standards for logging in and out of the system and closing patient charts.
- Assist in providing student experiences for nursing and other students in the clinic.
- Meet the Montana Board of Nursing Continuing Education requirement for licensure and participate in training to expand the RN base of knowledge for reproductive and related healthcare.
- Participate in the clinic’s quality assurance activities such as peer chart review, continuing education sharing and other measures.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Recognize and assist with in-clinic emergency medical response to life-threatening conditions and transfer to local emergency healthcare resources.
- Behave professionally and manage conflict quickly, directly and respectfully.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES
- Works effectively and sensitively with a diverse and limited resource population.
- Works in a team and shares responsibilities and duties.
- Sets priorities, is organized and a self-starter.
- Communicates clearly, orally and in writing, and effectively navigates technology.
- Treats staff, patients and community members respectfully.
- Contributes to a positive, functional workplace culture.
Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program with current Montana licensure.
Preferred two years of reproductive and/or community and public health nursing experience.
- Requires some physical exertion such as bending, lifting, and holding children weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity to perform skills listed in this job description.
- Requires ability to hear heart and lung sounds.
- Requires ability to see to perform physical assessments and interventions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(1%-33% of day)
(34%-66% of day)
(67%-100% of day)
|Seeing/Ability to distinguish colors||X|
|Lift 1-10 lbs||X|
|Lift 11-20 lbs||X|
|Lift 21-50 lbs||X|
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. March 2018