Bridgercare is hiring a Licensed Clinical Social Worker!
Are you a Montana Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) looking to work in a forward-thinking, positive environment? Bridgercare is seeking a motivated professional to support quality reproductive and primary health services including family planning, breast & cervical cancer screening, Teen Clinic, colposcopy, and LGBTQ services.
The LCSW is the primary interface for patients to access services such as outpatient counseling, assessment, treatment, education, referrals, outreach and advocacy. Working from an interdisciplinary approach and in collaboration with the medical staff, the LCSW also provides orientation, consultation, and ongoing training to pertinent staff and outreach to area resources as needed in order to strengthen the relationship between Bridgercare’s behavioral health services and other community based services.
The LCSW will be directly supervised by the Medical Director and the Executive Director who will seek feedback from the administrative & clinical team with respect to performance.
- Obtain a comprehensive mental health assessment on patients that includes review of mental health history, family and psychosocial history and related symptoms and conditions.
- Identify problems or needs and plan management of such, determining which problems must be evaluated by another provider or resource.
- Make and follow-up on referrals to community, health and social services providers and coordinate care with these entities as needed.
- Use evidence based tools and assessments to make accurate mental health diagnoses. May recommend and refer patients to a qualified health care provider for labs or physical assessments.
- Collaborate with Bridgercare providers for medication management of mental health conditions by facilitating communication regarding medication effectiveness, side effects or adverse outcomes.
- Provide appropriate crisis intervention including up to 8 individual psychotherapeutic counseling sessions utilizing a variety of clinical modalities (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-Informed, Client-Centered are some, but not all modalities).
- Provide education and counseling about reproductive and sexual health conditions within the scope of training and experience.
- Document findings, plan of care, and follow-up in a clear, concise manner in patients’ record.
- Consult with clinical providers as appropriate regarding patient conditions and decision making.
- Promote effective relationships between Bridgercare and the medical and non-medical community.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Other duties as delegated by the Executive or Medical Directors.
BRIDGERCARE SKILLS AND ATTITUDES
- Works effectively and sensitively with a diverse and limited resource population.
- Works in a team and shares responsibilities and duties.
- Sets priorities, is organized and a self-starter.
- Communicates clearly, orally and in writing, and effectively navigates technology.
- Treats staff, patients and community members respectfully.
- Contributes to a positive, functional workplace culture.
- A graduate of an accredited graduate level mental health program.
- Current Montana licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Behavioral Health field.
- Current Montana driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated commitment to Bridgercare mission and Title X goals.
- Knowledge, interest and ability to provide effective patient teaching and health promotion counseling.
- Ability to function effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team providing client-centered, medically accurate, research- based care.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Requires some physical exertion such as bending, lifting, and holding supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate technology used for operations.
- Requires ability to speak and hear clearly for communication with clients, staff and community members.
- Requires ability to see to travel to event locations and use presentation technology.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Short, three paragraph introduction in the body of the email or cover letter highlighting your interest in and preparation for this position. Clear, concise writing is essential for the position. Your email or cover letter will be the first sample of your ability to follow directions, your attention to detail and your personal introduction.
- Resume (attach)
- References (attach or provide if called for an interview)
- Email cover letter/cover email, resume and references to Stephanie McDowell or drop off at Bridgercare, 1288 North 14th Ave Ste 201, Bozeman, MT.
- Resumes will be accepted until January 31, 2020.
Established in 1972, Bridgercare provides excellent, affordable reproductive and sexual healthcare and education in a safe, supportive, empowering atmosphere. Bridgercare provides reproductive health services that include reversible contraceptive methods, breast, cervical and testicular cancer screening, annual physicals for men and women, unbiased pregnancy testing and counselling, mental health screening and treatment, sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment, HIV testing, vaccination, colposcopy (cervical biopsy), LGBT-specific services, transgender hormone care, and other patient education and referrals. Bridgercare has an education program that includes Teen Peer Education groups offering educational workshops in schools, service agencies, adult education programs and family education programs. Education materials and curriculum are evidence-based, medically accurate, culturally competent and age-appropriate. Bridgercare also has a limited pharmacy license to better provide sliding fee prescriptions to low-income patients and continues to offer free counselling and enrollment services for the Affordable Care Act’s Marketplace and Montana’s Medicaid HELP Plan. Bridgercare’s programs and services focus on decreasing unplanned pregnancy and STIs while broadening the future prospects of men, women, and children. In doing so, Bridgercare continues to expand services to meet patient needs. More info at www.bridgercare.org.