Intra Uterine Devices (IUDs) have been around for many years and for good reason. At Bridgercare, we are seeing more and more people choose this highly effective method for their birth control needs. Here are several reasons why these tiny T-shaped devices are so T-errific!!
• IUDs are 99% effective (as effective as having your tubes tied!)
• IUDs are inserted once and can provide birth control for 5 to 10 years depending on the device
• Most insurance companies cover them at 100%
• Hormonal IUDs (Mirena, Liletta, Kyleena) can help improve heavy, crampy periods
• Low dose! The hormonal devices contain Progestin-only (estrogen-free) and are close to 1/7th the amount of Progestin that is in Birth Control Pills
• A hormonal free option is available called the ParaGard or copper IUD
• Inserted in a 30-minute out-patient/clinic procedure
• Easily removed at any time – you do not have to leave it in place for the full duration of the device
• No effect on your future fertility
• Complete privacy – no one knows you have it! Partners should not feel it during intercourse and you should not feel it in your uterus.
• Convenient – no more monthly pharmacy trips
• Are you young? post-menopausal? breastfeeding? never had sex before? – no worries! IUDs are considered safe for most people with a uterus 🙂
• Worry free – in place and effective with no effort needed on your part – no more missed pills!
Through Bridgercare, we offer 4 different options for IUDs. The Mirena, Kyleena, Liletta and Paragard. If you are at all interested in an IUD, we are happy to have a consultation with you and provide you with all the information you will need. If after we chat, the IUD isn’t for you – that’s OK! There are many other birth control options out there. The best birth control is the one that works best for you!
For more information please see any of the following websites: